India is a country of many cultures and on our South India tour we’ll learn about these varied influences by exploring fantastical temples and cultural sites, eating yummy food and meeting a few of the locals. We’ll journey from Chennai and then south through Tamil Nadu and Kerala, exploring the beautiful countryside and visiting tea and spice plantations.
On this tour you’ll:
- Visit Auroville an international township developed to further human unity.
- Tour the amazing temples of Mahabalipuram
- Meander the streets of Pondicherry ‘The French Riviera of the East’
- Take a bullock cart ride or have your future predicted by a parrot
- Join a yoga class or two
- Learn intricacies of Indian cuisine in a cooking class
- Watch a genuine Kathakali dance performance
Travel with us in 2014 and you’ll receive a free Donner bag from Overland Equipment. These bags are the perfect travel accessory – somewhere between a purse (it’s more versatile) and a backpack (it’s smaller). With an assortment of pockets, there’s room for all the essentials. You can even stick a water bottle in the outside side pocket.
There’s still time to join us on this tour, which departs in February, 2014. Interested? Give us a call (206-317-1860) or Contact Us via email and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have!