While citizens of many countries may apply for a visa upon arrival in Yangon, it is highly advisable to apply for a visa in advance in your home country. The good news is that Myanmar has begun an evisa application process which should make things easier and quicker.
Here are the steps involved in applying for an evisa:
- Fill-in the secure online evisa form
- Your visa must be valid for a minimum of six months from date of travel
- You must send one color photo (4cm x 6cm), taken within the last three months
- Length of stay is 28 days from day of arrival in Myanmar
- You can pay the application fee of $50US by Visa, Mastercard Credit/Debit
- Confirm and pay – verify that all the information is correct before proceeding. Pay by credit card. You’ll then receive a confirmation email within one hour.
- Receive approval letter by email within five business days. Print off this letter and bring it along with your passport. You’ll need to present it upon arrival at Yangon airport. The validity of the evisa approval letter is three months from date of issue. If it is expired, entry will be denied.
- Get your visa stamped upon arrival
The evisa is applicable for nationals of 43 countries. Check here to see if it applies to you.
Please note you will:
– Be required to make a promise to strictly abide by the existing laws, rules, procedures, orders and directives issued by Myanmar Government.
– Not be allowed to travel to the restricted areas without seeking prior permission.
– Need to depart back to the country where you originated by the arrangement of the airline you are using if you are denied entry.
– Need to abide by the decision of the On Arrival Visa Scrutiny and Issuing Team.