Considering a journey to India? You’ve come to the right place!
We provide a positive experience for women travelers and usually offer two women-only tours a year to this fascinating country (one to North India and one to South India). Our tours provide the perfect opportunity to travel with like-minded women in a safe, secure atmosphere.
We’re introducing a new itinerary for the South India Tour in January, 2014 and have added some exciting activities. On this tour, you’ll:
- Learn the intricacies of South Indian cuisine in two cooking classes.
- Take part in a Rangoli-making class. Those are the decorative designs found on the ground (particularly during festival time) of brightly-colored flour, rice, sand, and flower petals. They’re thought to bring luck to your home.
- Enjoy a light hike in the hill station of Munnar, visiting tea plantations and soaking in the views. You might even see an elephant or two!
- Visit a family who specializes in making saris. Likely the nicest you’ll find in India.
- Overnight on an air-conditioned houseboat in Kerala.
- Visit the orphanage which is the recipient of our WanderTours Giving Program on this particular tour.
There’s also the option to extend your stay with a visit to Delhi and Agra, with, of course, a visit to the iconic Taj Mahal.
North India Tours
We currently have two options to tour North India! We still have space available on our cultural tour in October/November, 2013 and our just-announced (and totally new!) culinary tour in November, 2014.
This October, the North India tour will include a spectacular evening of Diwali festivities, lunch at the home of a Jodhpur family, and attendance at a live Bollywood performance. Diwali, the Festival of Lights, is one of the most important festivals of the year and is a holiday in India – this is your chance to celebrate with the locals.
Or, how about November, 2014? The focus of this tour is the delectable cuisine of India. The highlights of this tour include cooking classes and demonstrations, meals in the homes of locals, and walking tours of markets and bazaars.
We LOVE to talk about India! Give us a call (206-317-1860) or Contact Us via email and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have!