We’ve been offering tours to Papua New Guinea since 2009 and every year they sell out! In 2018, we’ll be going to the Goroka Show and expect it to be a big hit with our tour participants.
This singsing attracts 75—100 tribes from around the country. Our tour participants will be able to wander around the exhibition grounds, watching as all tribes sing and dance simultaneously…with each group trying to outshine the others.
In addition to attending the Goroka Show, we will:
- Attend a mini singsing in Mt. Hagen
- Cruise the mighty Sepik River, watching for bird life and crocodiles
- Spend two nights in a homestay in a village in the Sepik region
- Go on an early-morning search for the elusive Birds of Paradise
- Visit markets and a coffee plantation
- Watch talented wood-carvers as they create world-famous statues and other artifacts
Although we only recently announced this tour, it is already beginning to fill! With only 12 spaces available, we expect it to sell out quickly. If a trip to this amazing country has long been on your wish list, we recommend you confirm your spot soon!
Goroka Show Mudman – Beth Whitman
Bird of Paradise – Francesco Veraonesi via Flickr