Hello India Travelers! All travelers to India require a visa and the country has recently implemented an e-Tourist visa for those who are traveling there wholly for recreation or sight-seeing. This is your easiest option for getting a visa.
Your application is made online and the aid of an intermediary agent is no longer required. While nationals of every country aren’t necessarily covered by the e-visa, the list is extensive, covering 150 countries. Check here to see if you are eligible to apply for an e-visa.
Here are a few things you need to know before you begin the application process:
- Your passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. You must have at least two blank pages in your passport for the Immigration Officer’s stamp.
- You must have a return or onward ticket and sufficient money to support yourself while there.
- Important! You must apply for your visa online a minimum of four days prior to your arrival and it is only valid for entry for 30 days. In other words, if you are applying on the first of September you can select an arrival date from September 5th and October 4th.
- You will need to scan both a recent passport photo with white background and the photo page of your passport to send with your online application. Your application may be rejected if these scans are not clear and legible.
- The fee for your visa is country-specific and must be paid at least four days before the expected date of travel. For a list of fees, see here. Bank transaction fees of 2.5% will also apply.
- The fee is non-refundable and payment of the fee doesn’t guarantee issuance of the visa.
- You must carry a copy of the visa with you, along with your passport and a passport-sized photo.
- The visa is valid for 30 days from the date of entry into India and allows only a single-entry into India.